Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Nepal Day 10 - Buddhist Temple


Ann and I walked from the Hindu temple to a Buddhist temple. The two religions very peacefully coexist. We asked many people what religion are you? The consistent reply was "I am Hindu (or Buddhist) but we all get along."

The Buddhist temples were much more relaxed than the Hindu temples. Hindu temples had many signs, "Hindu only allowed in here." Or "No cameras" whereas the Buddhists embraced the tourists, set up shops and monks even solicited tips.

Then again, Ann and I may be biased after seeing the Tina Turner "What's Love Got to Do With It" movie.
I like the eyes of Nepal. I bought T-shirts and paintings with the eyes.

In this picture you see workers whitewashing the temple while people walk clockwise around the temple praying.

Here are some monks. I wish I had captured a pic of the ones wearing Reebok tennis shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment