Thursday, December 11, 2008

Greetings from Nepal

Hello from Steve!
Quick update to let you know that Ann and I are alive and well. It's been an interesting trip. The number of firsts is beyond count: Washing/riding elephants, jungle safari, visiting Hindu and Buddhist temples, run into by a rickshaw, my first crocodile, rhino and wild boar sighting, Hindu cremation ceremony, hotel stays for as little as $7/night, and I'm sure there are more.

In 48 hours I'll be back in the Emirates. I hope to be back to regular posting by Saturday.

Thanks again to Karey and Denise for blogging in my absence. I look forward to one of your steaks, Karey, after I buy you dinner on our election bet. And Denise I wouldn't worry about "Steve-worthy" posts. Have you been reading this blog? I have no idea what "Steve-worthy" means!? Although... a group of school girls on a bus went nuts when they saw me and screamed "Hello! Hello!" I waved and said "Hello" and they all giggled.

Ann said, "Steven, you have groupies."

Yep, that's another first...

No comments:

Post a Comment