Friday, May 7, 2010

Pirates of Penzance

Tonight the Choral Society of Al Ain performed Pirates of Penzance. It was tremendously funny and well done.
The director was Ann's friend Kate. She also directed the Christmas concert. The actress who stole the show was a diminutive woman I know from our days at the Hilton. She played the role of the young starlet the male lead falls for. Afterwards she joked, "I had to wait until I was 62 to play the role of the fair maiden."

*****
I teach at the state university. I've heard that the local community college has perks we don't have: Yearly raises and better housing. Tonight's event was held at a villa rented to him by the community college. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say it was 4-5000 square feet. It came complete with a courtyard shared by another couple. Since I moved into my new place I have tried not to have housing envy... but seeing this villa... wow...

No comments:

Post a Comment