Sunday, May 2, 2010

10 weeks of dieting...

In telethon style I present the previous weeks:

Start: 225
Week 1: 221
Week 2: 218
Week 3: 215
Week 4: 213
Week 5: 211
Week 6: 209
Week 7: 209
Week 8: 206
Week 9: 203

Drum roll please....

Week 10: 200

This is a big week for several reasons. 1. I was under 200 most of the week but made soup last night and ate at least 8 bowls while it was cooking. I'm shocked my weight wasn't higher. 2. 25 pounds in 10 weeks is exciting. An average if 2.5 pounds per week? Yippee!

And finally, at Hamilton I organized weight loss contests every spring. I can't remember if I did better or worse in those 10 week contests. What was different back then was that I was dieting to win a contest, not feel better about my self. I spent hundreds of dollars over the years sabotaging the other contestants... taking in cakes, constantly refilling a large M&M dispenser, etc. While fun, that's not the way to diet.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Now the key is to keep it off! Maybe you would consider some healthy maintenance by coming up and cycling with me while you are home this summer! We could take a day trip to the Root River Trail in southeast Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you forgot to mention, buying boat loads of cupcakes and sending them to me!!! W

    ReplyDelete