Sunday, May 9, 2010

The last supper

My week of gluttony is over. For its bittersweet end I had to make pork chops, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn.
Notice that I didn't fill the entire plate? I could feel good about that if I hadn't gone back for seconds.

Tomorrow I return to the low carb diet. I needed to rid myself of all the carbs (and stuff that I eat with carbs) so I gave it all to Ann.

What you see above is cheese, maple-flavored bacon, grapes, cheddar cheese, a container of mashed potatoes with bacon on top, two rolls of Ritz crackers... in the second row: two little pizzas, sweet corn, milk, two tiny containers of gravy and more mashed potatoes behind it.

Ann snapped a picture as she asked, "But, Steven what will you be eating from now on?"
"Salad," I answered, "and lots and lots of sunflower seeds."

My new weigh-in day will be Monday. Unless I magically sever an arm overnight it is going to be ugly.

1 comment: