Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Crashed the diet

I ate the load of rice at noon. By four I commented to a friend, "I don't have any cravings! Maybe the carbo-load won't affect me." By five I was famished. I ate a bowl of soup I made on Saturday. Twenty minutes later I made a batch of popcorn. At seven a friend called and invited me over for dinner. I went and ate a full meal.

Ten weeks of being good and one large helping of rice crashed the diet. I'm not canceling the diet but today's unexpected turn of events means I'm going to take a few days off. One food I rarely eat in this country is pizza. With no pork products pizza just isn't as good. While in Dubai a couple of weeks ago I bought a couple of frozen pizzas. Now that carbs are in my system I might as well enjoy the pizza... I might, just might, even have a beer with it!

I'll consider this a bye week before plunging back in on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment