Monday, May 10, 2010

Diet 1.1

Monday is the new weigh-in day because six weeks from today I leave for the US. (So Monday weigh-ins make more sense to me...)

Last week I weighed 200 and went off the diet. I jokingly called it my "week of gluttony." How bad of a week was it?

Well, today I weighed in at 204.

I gained four pounds!?!

If it had really been a week of gluttony I'd be OK with that, but it wasn't. I drank a few beers one night. I ate pork chops and gravy one night. I had two Reese's peanut butter cups.

That's it. AND I GAINED FOUR POUNDS?

Yeesh.

I know from experience that a one day measurement is meaningless; in this hot weather the difference between being hydrated and dehydrated is five pounds.

So it must be water retention and not gravy retention, right?

1 comment:

  1. You should read Bridget Jones Diary - her daily and sometimes hourly obsession with weight and number of cigarettes smoked is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete