Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dinner party

A colleague from my department invited a group over for dinner. Normally, I'd take a bottle of wine when invited but I knew there would be two Muslim couples attending so I chose flowers.

This picture doesn't do the flowers justice. They were really beautiful when the host put them in a vase.

My wine anxiety was for nothing. At the dinner several drank wine.

It occurred to me that this was the first invite from a colleague in my department. It's surprising how little I socialize with my co-workers. I guess part of it was getting to know Ann's friends when I arrived (who mostly teach English) and part of it is that most in my department are Muslim/Arab. Of the three parties I threw this year: Thanksgiving, Christmas and wine tasting, none would have much appeal for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment