Thursday, May 13, 2010

I need a challenge

A little background: I worked in the field of weather for four years. I learned a lot in the first year, a little in the second year and pretty much nothing in the last two. I stuck around because I could create my own schedule, the work was ridiculously easy and the pay was good.

An easy job with good pay is great. The job was the intellectual equivalent of watching paint dry and it reached a point where it was not fulfilling.

Fast-forward to next semester where I'm scheduled to teach six sections of one class. It is a class I have taught 47 times before. I've known this for about a month and today I realized that that's the reason I've been in a bad mood for a month.

If I had a life... you know, married with kids, normal hobbies, or whatever... I would love my schedule for next fall. It really doesn't get much easier than this. I get paid well and I don't have to break a sweat, except when walking to my car.

Today a prospect to take on a new challenge was presented to me. I'd like to explain here but I'm way too superstitious and the odds of it working out in my favor are not great. But just the prospect of doing something challenging has made me excited.

2 comments:

  1. If it involves you teaching in Iraq, I'm against it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh ... ASOS ... I liked it ... no challenge = good for neil

    ReplyDelete