Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Entrepreneurship - day 2

I loved the local food yesterday and returned today to see what I could eat (and try to stay on my diet). The picture below is of poor quality but it's pretty accurate. This is what it looked like.
Tomatoes, peppers, zuchini, eggplant and cabbage in a tomatoey sauce. Not fantastic for a low carb diet but (other than the potato) not terrible. I'll take it.

I didn't know until I made it to my office that all of the vegetables had been hollowed and stuffed with rice. The taste was great but considering I ate about two cups of rice I knew I'd pay the price.

These tacos were interesting... mildly spiced chicken, but not like chicken taco's at Taco Bell. I said, "In the west we call these tacos. What are they called here?"

"Tacos" was the answer.

Gee, I feel like an idiot.

One of my former students was decorating cupcakes. Knowing I couldn't eat them I bought a batch and took them to the secretaries in my college.

No comments:

Post a Comment