Monday, May 3, 2010

Pay it forward

Sandy inspired me. Last week at McDonald's she (voluntarily) paid for herself and the car behind her in the hope that the good deed would have a ripple effect.

For the past couple of weeks I have wanted to make soup. Few things are easier to scale up than soup. So a huge ginormous batch of soup.

Making soup here is easier than the US in that you can buy pre-chopped red onion and fresh, peeled garlic.

I even purchased a new 10 liter pot.

You are looking at 7-8 liters of soup. I boxed up meals for many of friends.

But this wouldn't be a "Steve" story without a minor disaster.

One of the containers slipped out of my hands.

I figured, "Oh well, what they don't know won't hurt them." I scooped it up and put it back in the tin.

4 comments:

  1. I do hope that all of you who know me didn't need to check the comments section to know I was joking on the last line...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally did. I was like "Wait, what?"

    ~Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that I inspired you to pay it forward - and I did know you wouldn't do what you wrote in your last line - LOL!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete