Friday, April 30, 2010

Just how screwed is my party?

My house may be in Cedar Rapids, but I am a Democrat from Benton county. Benton has Leonard Boswell as our congressman while Cedar Rapids has Dave Loebsack.

Boswell needs to go. He's a lame-ass congressman that I'm glad I didn't have to hold my nose and vote for in the past couple of elections. Yes, he is allegedly a Democrat. He votes with the party most of the time so I should be happy.

But he's also a tool. I served as a county chair for four years and have met the man many times. Trust me on this. There's a reason why 13 Republicans are vying for the seat: In two years Iowa will lose one congressional seat. Everyone on both sides of the aisle believe Boswell is the guy who will get cut out. Running against him now is a step up to challenge Braley or Loebsack when the new districts are drawn. It's no wonder the Republicans are salivating.

So as a loyal Democrat I would love to have a good, solid candidate running this year to take Boswell's seat. We don't have one. We have the guy above who makes me want to request a primary ballot just to make sure Boswell wins.

(In case you don't click on the link above...) What makes this guy a bigger tool than Boswell? He suggested we should insert microchips in illegal aliens to track them... and then said he was only giving examples of what radicals think.

Umm, yeah. Thanks for playing. Go back to Tama county. Nobody heard of you before and you made a nation-wide blog so you can be happy. The party you allegedly support doesn't need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment