Thursday, April 1, 2010

Resumes out

I have been sending resumes out in hopes of getting some work this summer. Extra money would be nice. As I've written before I will have enough to live fine ($300/week).* The advantage of working part of the summer is that, yes, there's more income but I'm also inclined to spend less. Three months of idle to travel and shop? Scary, scary. Even $300/week would go fast.

I have two interesting prospects: One would be teaching a summer course at Kirkwood. I hope this comes through because I would very much like to get my foot in the door.

The other possibility is the American University of Iraq. Don't panic! It's safe! A colleague says the pay is about what you get elsewhere and, therefore, they are unable to get people. (If you could work anywhere for the same salary, would you choose Iraq? In this case - for me - the answer is yes. How cool would it be to say, "I spent my summer teaching in Iraq"?)

* When I had my first hyperventilation on the scary idea of 3 months at home I said I'd $400/week. Then I remember that I have to buy the plane ticket. Taking that money out I'll $300/week.

No comments:

Post a Comment