Saturday, April 10, 2010

E-mail of the day

(Flunk Day is the day the outgoing student body president gets to call off classes for the day. Trying to guess Flunk Day is a sport for students and faculty alike. The night before I called Flunk Day in 1991 Denny Frary gave me the thumbs up. I called Doc to let him know and I could hear Donna in the background saying, "Mistake... big mistake." And, of course she was right. The next day Spellman saw and said, "Kranz, mixing Flunk Day with Winter Carnival... great idea.")

Last night I tried to call Donna but missed her. She sent me this e-mail.
I am sorry I missed your call. I wanted to talk to you so badly after flunk day. I wondered if they were taking suggestions from you on how to pick a day. The week before flunk day there were 3 beautiful days -- 70's and 80's, but windy. They chose was lower 60's, but by the afternoon it started to rain and get colder and more win. The reason they are giving for calling it the week before was that they had not sold enough t-shirts before flunk day. They only started selling then on Tuesday before. I think they just moved to the top of the list and now you have lost your top billing.
I would argue that their have been two others worse since me and a half dozen as equally bad... but hey, I'm not really counting.


1 comment:

  1. But was it a good party? That's the kicker.

    That and if former Student Body Pres assumed the fetal position in his dorm room saying "they'll kill me, they'll kill me..."

    ReplyDelete