Monday, April 5, 2010

Delayed Easter present

On a day when luck has not seemed to be on my side it was dangerous to open an e-mail with the schedule for next semester. The bad news of the e-mail was something I've known for weeks: I'll be teaching six sections of the exact same course. Have you ever tried to say something six times and make it interesting every time? It's not easy.

The good news? I teach 12:30 - 4:45 on the men's campus on Sundays/Tuesdays. And 12:30 - 4:45 on the women's campus on Mondays/Wednesdays.

No 8AM classes. No 9:30 AM classes. No 11 AM classes.

Yes, trying to make something interesting six times in a row is not fun, but I'll take this schedule any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

In my head I'm hearing the Easter sunrise service from years gone by from the Lutheran Church in Newhall. With trumpets blaring (an Easter only special) Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

But if the past semesters are any guide, the odds of this schedule holding are slim... but it's clear that my boss (who knows me) gave me the schedule he knew I'd want the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment