Monday, April 5, 2010

Tales from the Dr.'s office - Part III

This may be the most bizarre story. Ann was with me for the first hospital I tried. We went in the main entrance and explained my need to see a doctor. I'm referred to the emergency room. Ann nicely explains that it's not an emergency. We are then directed to a set of offices. Where? Human Resources.

We explain at human resources that we would like to see a doctor. The befuddled woman suggests the lobby we had just left and the emergency room. Ann explains, "No, this is not an emergency. He just want to see a general practitioner." She motions to a large conference room and suggests we wait there because doctors use that room for lunch.

We left.

So, yes, it's horrible that I spent a year without seeing a doctor. But today all of my fears of trying to see a doctor came true. It is a nightmare experience in this country.

1 comment:

  1. Our health care system is looking pretty good right now.

    ReplyDelete