Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bizarro world

One of the new geekdoms I've is regularly checking airfares using a half-dozen websites. As the price of oil has steadily risen in the past couple of months so have the airfare prices.

Until tonight.

A week ago the cheapest flight to CR round trip was $1200. Tonight it is under $900.

I'm also checking options for Ann & Mike and found that they could fly to NYC for $646... a very good deal. That itinerary is Delta from Dubai non-stop to Atlanta (my favorite flight) and then on to NYC. Well, hey, if the NYC trip on Delta is $646, the direct flight to Atlanta must be cheaper... I could spend a day or two with Matt & Jennifer and continue on to Cedar Rapids...

The price of the direct flight from Dubai to Atlanta? $824.

Huh?

Update: It's past 1AM and I can't sleep. I want to book my tickets but I don't know exactly when I'll be leaving here and I don't know if I can stay until my birthday in September. The fares are just too good and there's no way I'm going to be able to sleep.

Update 2: I'm getting more information and it looks like I could book my ticket and leave the day after my birthday. I found a flight for $817! $817! $817!

But it won't take my Emirati credit card...

No comments:

Post a Comment