Sunday, April 18, 2010

McGyvor's back!

Adrienne's gift of the Coke fridge was amazing... unfortunately, it wasn't working. Salem, a.k.a. Bangladeshi McGyvor, recharged the fridge and it worked great until November. Leaking coolant, it just couldn't keep anything cold. Salem had time to recharge it but not enough time for a permanent fix. (He left the UAE for six months to get married and build his new bride a house.)

Knowing the coolant was leaking I did my best to keep it from working too hard. I got everything cold in the regular fridge before bringing it over to the Coke fridge. Every day I would freeze three large bottles of water in the regular fridge and transfer it to the Coke fridge. I knew my precious was on life support and I wanted to do whatever I could to extend its life. On Friday the machine gave out.

** sniffle **
Today I called Salem and he answered the phone! He came over, saw what I needed and said he'd come back tomorrow to take away the motor and fix it permanently.

I asked, "So when did you get back?" He said Thursday.

So the Coke fridge survived until Salem made it back here. Coincidence? I think not.

2 comments:

  1. McGyvor's back, your Coke fridge will be revitalized, and your diet is back on track. Life is good again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! The Coke fridge will be fixed! McGyvor's back!!

    ReplyDelete