Monday, April 12, 2010

Random (mostly diet) thoughts

In last night's euphoria over cheap tickets I couldn't get to sleep. I finally fell asleep at 5 and slept through my 6:30 alarm. Fortunately, I have a backup old school wind-up alarm with a wake-the-dead bell that woke me up with just enough to shower and make it to class.

  • I did NOT book my flight. The $817 price was illusionary. When I went to book it taxes added $500. Most websites make it clear if it does/does not include tax. This one didn't. Fares are definitely down from last week: I found a $995 (and I double checked to make sure it included taxes).
  • It's a good thing I didn't book in an extra day in Atlanta; my friends there are moving to Chicago.
  • Depressing view of the diet: In the first three weeks I lost 10 pounds. In the next four weeks I only lost 6.
  • This week I'm trying to kick start the diet by low carb and low cal. Don't worry about starvation; I have plenty of fat reserves.
  • A friend e-mailed support for the diet and asked some questions. I'll answer them here: Yes -- sometimes - only on weekends - it tastes like chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment