Saturday, April 17, 2010

A tale of two nights with curries

This is the remainder of the prawns with green curry and massaman curry with beef. I love cooking it at home...

On Friday I joined friends at a Japanese/Thai restaurant. The cost of my four course meal with two drinks and bottled water: Dh 290 ($78). It was a decent meal, but I'd have preferred spending $20 (including two drinks) at Thai Moon in Cedar Rapids. Others ordered a little cheaper than me but for all of us with drinks we got out for about Dh 1000 ($270)

Tonight I was with a different set of friends eating in my house where we made the curries. Total cost of the evening: Dh 150 ($40) fed five people.

Feeding five for $270 vs. feeding five for $40. And I'd say the food for the feeding five for $40 was better.

Money can't buy everything.

1 comment:

  1. Put that on the list of things to cook for me when you get home.

    ReplyDelete