Friday, April 30, 2010

Bacon popcorn

Even though I have booked my ticket home I sent a plaintive plea to my boss, "Are you sure you don't need anyone to teach this summer?" I'm 99% sure the answer will be "no."

Given my supply of popcorn I should be happy. There's no way I'll make it through the summer. As it is I'll have to ration for the next six weeks.

I confess that I'm curious about how this would taste. I've tried cooking popcorn in bacon fat and it was awful. I've even tried mostly corn oil with a little bacon fat. No matter how you pop it, the bacon develops a rancid taste when heated high enough to pop the kernels.

(My thanks to my closeted stoner friend for bringing this to my attention. I know loves popcorn when he gets the munchies.)

2 comments:

  1. My friends cringed when I read them your attempts to cook popcorn in bacon grease.

    Typical West Coasters.

    ~Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. As George calls it, "the delicious vitamin B!"

    ReplyDelete