Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Thought for the day

Today the world's central banks acted in coordination in a way that's never been done before. From the press accounts I'm reading our Ben Bernanke led the way.

When Bush appointed him two years ago I praised the decision to my classes (who were surprised because I don't often praise Bush's decisions).

Bill Maher also praised the appointment but (paraphrasing) "Is this like the applause for a mentally challenged kid who gets a question right? In six years he makes one good appointment that is not a political hack and we're supposed to applaud?"

Now there's talk that world's central bankers might actually meet to discuss the crisis.

I can't help but wonder how this would be playing out if we had a President with the stature to discuss these issues intelligently.

No comments:

Post a Comment