Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hilton buffet

Today is day 52 at the Hilton. Fifty two days of pretty much the same buffet. I've never cared for buffets. While the staff is great and the food is edible, I won't be missing the buffets. The desserts on the other hand...

Anyhow, starting this week - my last week - they have introduced "theme nights". Mexican, Oriental, Italian and, tonight, seafood.

I may not love seafood, but at least it's a change.

I've never understood why seafood shows pictures of the animal you are about to eat. See the pretty dolphins and swordfish? They are soon going to be in your stomach. I'd rather not see a cow replica at McDonalds before I get that Big Mac.


This is not exactly an ice sculpture. Ice block? Anyhow, it's more ice than I've seen in my 52 days here. (I'll save that for another rant.)


I tried everything I could during Ramadan. Remember the Veal feet soup? I couldn't bring myself to try this. I'm sure fish lovers would think it's great.


Oh, the spread of desserts. It's led me to spread out...



**** As I was writing this post a note was slipped under my door.

"Dear valued guest
Thank you for choosing your valuable stay with us.
Kindly be informed that as per the instruction from UAE University the check out date will be this Friday that is 10th October, 2008.

Thank you & Have [sic] a pleasant stay"

No comments:

Post a Comment