Sunday, October 26, 2008

Worker bees

A fellow Sigma Nu sent this question: 
I have been building a couple of things for my apartment and Amanda's house, so are there hardware stores where you're at? Could you go out and buy a gallon of paint? Or get yourself some 1x12" pine boards and sinder blocks to build a dorm bookshelf? These are things I have taken for granted growing up in a family that has done many home improvement projects around the house.
Yes, there are hardware stores and *IF* I were handy I might use them. 
But I don't.
Moving an apartment's worth of stuff?  Hire helpful Indians.  Cost?  $80.  I tipped them an extra $80 because they were great and helped me (did it for me) hook up the appliances.
Need to drill in the wall to install new curtains?  Done for $10/curtain.
In 2004 Mom gave me new curtains for my house in CR.  They are still not up.  If I had someone to do it for me for $10 they'd of been up four years ago.
**********
Please be like Peter; send me questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment