Thursday, October 16, 2008

The price of oil

If there's an upside to financial panic it is that the price of oil has dropped from a high in July of $147/barrel to under $80 today.  Why?  Financial panic leads to economic downturns which leads to less oil consumed.

My sister Miriam e-mailed to say she paid $2.53/gallon yesterday.

Here's a great website to follow gas prices around the country:  Gasbuddy.  Iowa does pay relatively lower gas prices.

I hope the price of oil doesn't drop too much, my raise next year depends on it!  (And my blog readership has now dropped to two.)

2 comments:

  1. TWO?

    Just because not everyone is blogging doesn't mean we're not reading it.

    And I don't want to talk about you being there next year.

    By the way, Michele and I went to see Religulous last night and it was really funny and a little disturbing. I'm guessing that movie won't be showing there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve
    You are still at three. I've been reading all along I just don't respond. Plus I don't discuss politics.

    ReplyDelete