Sunday, October 12, 2008

Price check on aisle 12

For me every visit to the store is a comparison of prices. What’s cheaper here vs. the US? Some things are clearly cheaper. Gas at $1.30/gallon. While I’m getting gas I get two bottles of water and a Coke. The price? $.75! Please, please, if you are reading this go to your local Casey’s and try the same thing: Two bottles of water and a can of Coke. What is the price in Iowa?

Alcohol is more expensive, for the most part. The only American wines I’ve found are Gallo. The rockgut of America sells for a premium here. Budweiser? Try $5 per bottle in the bars. A case at the liquor store goes for $33! I have to admit I’ve broken down and bought a case… But just one case, and it’s my eighth week here… OK, I’ll stop trying to justify to an AA counselor.

Absolut and Stolichniya are cheaper here. Stolies is a steal at $13/bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment