Sunday, October 12, 2008

American candy

The most prominent American candy to be found here is Snickers. I have yet to see a Reese’s. During Ramadan the Muslims make their favorite sweets and serve them during Iftar - eating after fasting all day long. Living at the Hilton I had a chance to try them all (these are not the desserts I have shown below).

I’ll take any desert at Applebee’s over these. They weren’t bad; most were tasteless. When I bite into a dessert I want to experience something, not taste flour. Now that Ramadan is over colleagues have brought in desserts to share. Not bad, but basically tasteless. As I try each one I think, “How would they react to a really nice chocolate chip cookie?”

I suspect they’d gush. Again, if you’ve only had tasteless, bland crap sweets a chocolate chip cookie would be amazing. Once I get a working stove I will test this theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment