Thursday, October 16, 2008

Paging Larry Craig

A little over a year ago Idaho Senator Larry Craig announced to the world that he's not gay, he just has a "wide stance" in the bathroom. He didn't comment on why he peered through the cracks in the door or ran his fingers under the divider between the stalls.
I bring this up because, I... uh... (I can hear you thinking, "Where in the hell is he taking this?")
OK, I'll get to the point: Since arriving in the UAE, I have developed a "wide stance." You see, most toilets here have a nozzle hose that can be used in place of toilet paper. Apparently a lot of people like using the spray (many bathrooms don't even bother to stock toilet paper).
The result is a puddle on the floor in front of most toilets. I have a wide stance to stay clear of the water.
I'll try not to peer between the cracks or run my fingers under the stall divider...

No comments:

Post a Comment