Thursday, December 31, 2009

Expectations

The older I get the more I believe expectations are EVERYTHING. I went to a NYE party tonight with close to zero expectations. I told a friend (who was driving), "I'll hold out until midnight because I think it's rude to leave a NYE party before that..." She nudged me at 1AM and said, "Ready to go?" I left but I'd have been happy to stay.

In reality it's good to leave. I have to get up early to head up for tennis in Abu Dhabi, but it was a stunningly good party.

Long ago I learned that NYE parties have no correlation with the year that follows. Given this one, I kinda wish there was a correlation.

Now I have to come to grips with the fact that I'll have gone to sleep, woke up and be in the car headed to Abu Dhabi as my friends are ringing in the new year in Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment