Thursday, December 31, 2009

Moroccan dinner

This was a great way to finish off 2009...

The bowl on the left is something close to salsa... of course, here they call it a "salad." The bowl on the right is an eggplant dish.

The main course was lamb covered by a cinnamon/saffron paste and toasted almonds. Amazing flavors. With our fresh beef and pork I don't bother ordering lamb back home. When it is made right lamb is pretty darned good.

And the meal was completed with a mint tea. I'm not a fan of store bought mint tea, but when they make it with fresh mint it's great.

******
I'm headed to a party tonight hosted by two people who part of the Hilton family last year. While I will stay until midnight I do not plan to make a late night of it because I'm headed to Abu Dhabi tomorrow to see Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal play tennis. It will be the first time I've seen professional tennis in person. That's not a bad way to start 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment