Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Listening to Iowa Public Radio

Here's what you are seeing: My IPhone is connected to my cigarette lighter. It is connected to the internet by the cell phone towers and is connected to WSUI radio in Iowa City, Iowa, via the web.

The device is hooked up to my car stereo so I'm able to listen to it over the car speakers. Even better, thanks to headphones, I can can continue listening to the radio as I'm walking to class. As an NPR geek, this is fantastic.

It is a surreal experience to be running the air conditioning while hearing about a foot of snow about to be dumped on eastern Iowa!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet! Nothing better than listening to KUNI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. When was the last time your AC wasn't on 4?

    Chad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, how is your battery life on the iPhone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the mornings the air is usually on 1, but I like it cold so I imagine some aren't using the air at all.

    The battery for the IPhone is terrible. Fortunately, the battery can be charged by any computer or the contraption I have in the car. If it weren't for charging it up while I drive it wouldn't make it through the day.

    ReplyDelete