Saturday, December 5, 2009

Weekend remainders - the mostly political edition


The right claims the hatred for Obama is only comparable for the left's hatred of Bush. Personally, I think they've more than ratcheted it up a notch.

Sometimes I think I live in alternate universe when I hear that Bernanke is in a tough battle for reappointment and that the stimulus was a mistake. The world would be much worse shape today if it weren't for Uncle Ben and the stimulus. You don't have to believe me, you can read it here and here.

I can't bring myself to do an entire post on this: Obama has been a disappointment and if you read this account of how Greg Craig was let go you'll see why many of us on the left feel let down.
This stop light counts down until it turns green (so you can turn your car off while you're at the stoplight). I'd prefer a green one with a countdown so I know if I should speed up or slow down as I'm coming to the intersection.

Besides comedians, an author has profited from Tiger Woods in the past week. Honestly, I want the book.

In Iowa news a teacher in Alburnett resigned after it was discovered she discussed personal things and sexual innuendo with students on Facebook. I'm not condoning this, but this has happened for decades. The only difference now is that it is possible to record it on FB.

1 comment:

  1. You use more gas restarting the car than idling for a minute....so please don't turn off your cars...

    ReplyDelete