Sunday, December 27, 2009

Travelling is going to suck in oh so many ways

In light of the recent terrorist attack it's clear flying will be less fun for the foreseeable future. All flights from London Heathrow had the in-flight entertainment turned off. One aviation expert says the the in-flight GPS system may be a thing of the past.

NOOOOO!

On a 15 hour flight the only thing that keeps me sane is the in-flight GPS. I find monitoring the airspeed, temperature, direction and map very soothing.

On future trips I will need a fully stocked Ipod and a load of ambien.

*****
Now, I'm not at all upset of increased security at the airports. I find it reassuring that the US takes out my computer and camera and tests it for explosives. While I'm not much of a world traveler it is safe to say that many airports are not that thorough.

If they need to strip us to our underwear and have us open all of our suitcases I'm OK with that. Those 15 hour flights are a little unnerving. After what happened on Friday I might sleep a little easier on the plane if I knew all the passengers had been subjected to a strip search!

No comments:

Post a Comment