Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Example of life here

I am sitting along a walkway on the Persian Gulf... Waiting for fireworks. It's 9pm... Been dark since 6. Nobody knows when they will start or even where they will go off (people are sitting on both sides of a half mile causeway... Half expect the fireworks to go off to east and the other half to the west.). There is no sign of a barge holding the fireworks like you'd expect. I am not sure how much longer I want to wait, but I'd hate to have driven this far for nothing!

The paper lists this as the largest, most expensive fireworks in history. I hope it's true and I guess I'll wait a little longer.

2 comments:

  1. Yes... with odd breaks that were long enough that some started walking away. I'll post some pictures later.

    ReplyDelete