Monday, December 28, 2009

"100% of Islamic terrorists are Muslim"

That profound(ly stupid) statement comes from Congressman Peter King, a New York Republican. Yes, Islamic terrorists are Muslim, hence the term "Islamic terrorists." Yeesh.

I'd like to hear what my students have to say about the attempted terrorist attack but I won't be able to now that we're in quiz/final mode. I've heard enough say things like 9-11 was really just a Jewish plot that I am not sure I want to hear their take on this.

******
One of my favorite students this semester is a guy who would undoubtedly scare many folks back home. (He's got a long scraggly beard.) Today he came to class wearing a dark blue jacket over his white kandoora (robe). I asked him if I could take his picture for two reasons: 1. The coat/kandoora combo looked good and, 2. I get a kick out of people wearing coats when it is 75 degrees out. He was camera shy. He did explain his coat this way: "I am thin. I need a coat."

He left off saying, "Hey fatso, you got blubber to keep you warm."

No comments:

Post a Comment