Saturday, December 26, 2009

Potato Salad for Christmas?

It was the highlight of the meal...

I'm not a fan of buffets in the US. The food is usually bland and overcooked. There's some of that here, too, but the variety and options usually make up for it.

As we were eating a band performed all the Christmas classics. It's humorous to hear Silent Night with a Filipino accent.

I joined the same group I did last year: Ann & Mike and three of Ann's British friends... Although I know them better this year so I guess we're all friends.

This was not your ordinary Christmas buffet. There was no mashed potatoes, stuffing or ham. Instead there was potato salad, asparagus, cooked onions, moutabal, sushi and... I can't remember the name for the big green leaf you see above. It had the texture of a leaf from a corn stalk and a piece of chicken was cooked inside. Missing from this picture is lobster and a dozen Indian dishes that were offered.

I was bummed to not have ham but the potato salad was fantastic and made up for the disappointment.

3 comments:

  1. ya know ... your beard reminds me of teen wolf ... just a little ... I personally decided last year to shave everyday after attemping to grow a goate, and on the third day noticed it had more gray then anything else ...
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. The buffet looks splendid and what a HUGE variety. The potato salad looks like it has a little too much mayo for my taste, however.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, where were you? The female singers were showing bare arms AND their knees! I thought that wasn't allowed.

    ReplyDelete