Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas party

It's 1AM and the guests have left. The party was a success. When you have enough alcohol and appetizers it's hard not to have a successful party. It probably says a lot about this city that several guests said, "This is the largest party I've been to..."

There were 40 people.

That's a good sized party but hardly a record-breaking bash in most places.

The picture above is the first time I've seen myself in the beard and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm not shaving or trimming until at least Christmas. I'd like to see what it looks like by then.

One thing is certain: When I grew a beard 20 years ago it didn't have all that gray. If I had started growing it earlier I could have played Santa Clause. Then again, if I asked my guests to sit on my lap that probably would have killed the party.

At the very least it would have been a very different kind of party.

1 comment:

  1. If you maintain the beard, you should keep it, it give good balance to your face.

    ReplyDelete