Thursday, December 3, 2009

Planning a Christmas Party

Some friends and I are throwing a Christmas party next Friday at my place. After the successful Thanksgiving gathering I decided, "Why quit when you're ahead?"

Then I realized, I can't remember my last non-work, non-family Christmas party. That makes me a little nervous. What do people expect? So here's my situation:

I have food/beverages down. I'm not planning egg-nog because I think it's disgusting. Any other good holiday drink? If I were back home I'd do cinnamon schnapps in hot apple cider, but it's not cold enough here for that... or even hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps. A friend is making Christmas cookies.

I have plenty of Christmas accessories like napkins, paper plates, a Christmas tree, etc. It helps to be a Coke collector. It all just looks Christmasy.

*****
But returning to my original concern: Not remembering any private Christmas parties (let alone throwing one), what can do to make a good party and what should I avoid?

No comments:

Post a Comment