Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fall evaluations

Today - June 5 - I received my fall 2009 evaluations. There were not as funny as previous evaluations and the numbers were slightly above the college average. I'm just not used to being slightly above. I have few talents. I don't have mechanical ability, artistic ability, physical ability, singing ability, good looks or a quick wit.

The one thing I have going for me is teaching ability. I don't want to be above average. I want to be GREAT!

I don't know when I'll get this semester's evaluations (December?) but it will be interesting to see if there is a difference. I vowed and repeated the vow that I would not phone it in this semester. There's no question I went all out: Rewrote the PowerPoints for my classes. I created a voice-over "movie" of some of the chapters so students would hear my wonderful lesson at their convenience... I held extra sessions for those wanting review. Seriously, I can't think anything more I could have done.

It will be interesting to see if any of it makes a difference. I'll let you in 2 weeks - 6 months when I read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment