Sunday, June 20, 2010

We Built Sioux City

My nephew and niece-in-law visited today.  They currently live in Omaha but in a year they need to pick a place to go after Peggy completes her residency as an internist.  Near the top of the list for them is Sioux City, affectionately derisively known by those who lived there by the airport code:  SUX.

I confess I tried to dissuade them of the choice.  As a female internist she can go anywhere she wants.  In a list of cities in the country SUX would not be in the top 100.  In a list of cities in Iowa SUX would not be in the top 8 of 10.  (I think Ottumwa would score lower.)

Tonight I was discussing this with my SUX native roommate and he brought my attention to this video:

It’s as cheesy as can be but endearing as well.  (Probably not worth watching unless you want to play “count the non-white people” game.)  I still don’t want to move back to SUX but I admire the community coming together for a video.  There are times where I think that’s more than can be said for Cedar Rapids.

1 comment:

  1. I agree it is cheesy, but I love this video. I think George should propose a similar video for Ventura at the next council meeting!

    ReplyDelete