Monday, June 14, 2010

It took two years but they finally did it

I moved into my place over a year ago. Getting the water & electricity switched from the old place to the new place has proven impossible. I keep paying the bill for the apartment I am living but it is not in my name, it's still in the name of the guy who built the building.

I've spent somewhere around 2 dozen trips and a hundred hours trying to get this fixed. My electricity has been cut twice. I had to get it fixed today or I'd have no power when I came back in September and my plants (that others are watering for me) would be toast.

Today I dedicated another 3 hours to the task. I started at the main office... was directed to a branch office. The branch office directed me back to the main office. The main office said there was nothing they could do for me. If I made a payment it would go on the general account - meaning I'd be paying a part of the electric bill for everyone who lives here.

And that's when it happened: I started to cry. "I am leaving in six hours. I will not be back until September..." I don't remember what else I said but the tears worked; a senior customer service rep rushed out and took care of me. The problem is not fixed but I think I was able to pay enough to make sure the power won't be cut while I am gone.

It's now 2PM and we really do leave in six hours and I have not put anything in the suitcases.

No comments:

Post a Comment