Friday, June 11, 2010

170 (+ 2) students to grade

I was supposed to be done by now. I was confident I'd be done by now.

Alas, I am not done by now. I could be, but a few scores on the finals just didn't jive: A high B/low A student stored 25% on the final? Another student who had never mustered higher than 75% on a quiz/midterm scored 90% on the final.

Before I enter the final grades I want to physically look at the answer sheets and questions for these outliers. Here's a good reason why: While grading one set of tests I had the wrong answer key. I had graded about ten at that point. With the new answer key most scores weren't changed much at all. A point or two up or a point or two down. In other words, the students were purely guessing and for some it wouldn't matter which key was randomly picked to grade their tests.

It's almost midnight friday here. My fretting is almost over. I promised the classes that I'd have them posted by noon tomorrow. In the morning I will iron out the controversies. I don't have the brain cells left tonight.

******
WHY, WHY, WHY am I leaving on the 15th? I know the reason: Leaving a day later raised the airfare by $150 - $200. I am not ready to go. I'd happilly stay until the end of June if I had my choice. but spending 1500 Dh to change is not worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment