Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'm baaack...

Many thoughts:
  • Recurring thought for the past 3 days: 293 days is too long to be gone. I'm not sure how I will remedy this in the future; Iowa in January is not a great place and spring break is too short for such a long trip.
  • I will never fly British Airways again. I had heard of their bad reputation and they more than lived up to it.
  • On the ride to my parents' farm I was completely blown away by the "green" of Iowa. I lived here for 40 years so I have no idea why this I find it so shocking.
  • Gus loves me. I wondered if he would remember who I am. He won't leave my side and has attempted to prove his love by humping every part of my body. (Not getting him fixed two years ago is my fault.)
  • A great first night: If the rest of the summer goes as well as the first night I'm gonna have a good summer.

2 comments:

  1. Let's forget about the airways and meditate on green, green, green. Cool air, cool water from the tap, cardinals at the bird feeder... Beautiful

    ReplyDelete