Thursday, June 3, 2010

Odds & ends

Ann was spared the forced relocation, at least for now. It's quite possibly a temporary reprieve as all have been informed that they may still be moved in August. And in a year the plan is to shut down the program completely.

I am more optimistic for Ann than she is for herself. Why? She's spearheading a project that will still be here even after the remedial English program is ended. Plus, nothing here sticks to a normal time table. Culturally, deadlines are seen as vague guidelines. As a Type A personality it drives me nuts but it is the way of life here.

In the fall I hope they create a better system for deciding who will stay and who will go. I don't want to spend the year wondering if this is the last year I'll be living with Ann & Mike. (I'm not 100% self-centered as the previous statement sounds... I think creating reasonable criteria like I talked about a couple of posts down would be good for everyone.)

*****
I have no news on the car as it is being fixed. I know some of you want details on the accident. I may be up for writing about it someday but not today. Suffice to say it was declared no-fault. I don't have to pay for the other guy but since I only had liability on the car I have to pay for my own damages and the estimate is about $1200. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment