Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm rich! I'm rich!

Travis* informed me that his father saw my name on the Great Iowa Treasure Hunt.

As I logged into their website I wondered what I'd do with my millions. Alas, it was only a $148 refund from Metropolitan insurance. (Although I don't remember ever using Metropolitan insurance...)

The money will go into my birthday party fund. It will be my last birthday at home for as long as I live abroad so I want it to be good. Given only 4 will come, $148 will go a long ways.

*****
* I originally wrote "Travis, my blood-sucking anti-worker HR friend..." but realized that would be mean. Travis is a close enough friend that I can call him a blood-sucker and he knows I mean it with love. He should not be confused with my other HR manager friend who reads the blog, Adrienne. If I can ever get Travis to come here I'm quite sure the two of them would have stories to swap.

And Travis is not really a blood-sucker or anti-worker.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to meet Travis and swap stories. And don't worry -- I'm used to being called much worse. :) Enjoy being home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...except on Tuesdays.

    Travis

    ReplyDelete