Friday, June 4, 2010

There's no place like home!

Like Dorothy my quest to get home may not be as easy as expected. The first leg of my trip on June 15 is on British Airways. The cabin crews have gone on strike and the flights for next week have been cancelled. For the week after they are undetermined.

I booked this trip because it was $300 less than the direct flight to Atlanta course and $400 less than the Abu Dhabi straight to Chicago flight. This is a case where trying to save money might not have been the best move.

3 comments:

  1. THANK GOODNESS the union is there to protect those cabin crews from the possibility of losing their free flying privileges if they strike! Those poor workers...what would they do if the union wasn't there to protect them? (In case there was doubt, there is still a bit of sarcasm dripping from my fingertips). :)

    Travis

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought: "It was sarcasm? Really? I thought that you really cared about workers but then I remembered that you're an HR Manager."

    But then I realized that such a comment would be mean so I decided not to post it. :)

    - Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now honey...let's not fight in front of the kids. :):):)

    Travis

    ReplyDelete