Sunday, March 1, 2009

Explaining Rush

(The person who created this youtube is a Rush fan and interprets these comments as how Rush "wants the country to survive."  You can watch and draw your own conclusions.)

Last night Rush repeated his hope that Obama fails.  That probably sounds puzzling since most of you are not regular Rush listeners, but to his regular listeners it makes perfect sense.

On his show he repeats over and over that Democrats wanted our troops to fail in Iraq. 

Interesting.

I am a Democrat and spend quite of bit of time at Democratic gatherings.  I've never heard someone even hint that failing in Iraq would be a good thing. 

Rush and his devoted fans do believe it.  That's why they are rooting for Obama to fail.

As Rush explains at the beginning of the Youtube above, American politics is a football game.  If Obama wins he loses. 

Fortunately, most Americans don't see the country this way.  And fortunately for my party Rush is more and more becoming the head spokesperson for the Republican Party.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah... I've been telling my brother-in-law and sis: I don't care if you listen to Hannity or any of those other speakers, but don't listen to Rush. I'd like to say that I'm with you in this guy becoming the spokesman for the Republican Party, but my fear is what if he does become a candidate?! Could you imagine the polorization between the country likely to occur. Maybe I should start the grassroots movement now in preparation for this possibility!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Democrat, Steve, are you saying you think we will win in Iraq?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Robby - I can take Rush over Hannity. Rush is much easier to laugh at.

    Peachie - Two thoughts: 1. I don't know what "winning" means at this point. I hope we can get our troops and the place doesn't blow up. That's probably the best to hope for now.
    2. While many Democrats disagreed about going to war and passionately argued to end the war sooner, I have never heard anyone root against the troops like Rush claims.
    Rush pretty much claims that Democrats were happy about the high death count because then we could say, "We told you so!" I have never NEVER heard a Democrat express pleasure that troops were dying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I will never know, b/c I would never listen to Rush. Just from what little I hear about him through various quotes, etc., I can tell I would be pulling my hair out.

    ReplyDelete