Thursday, October 28, 2010

Maybe they'll do a commercial about me

A month ago I woke up to find a plate of cookies I didn't remember getting...


And my broom in the stairwell.

It turns out that the woman who gave me the cookies also happens to be the training and development manager for the university.  We talked at length about what she was after and she liked what I had to say.  That's how I got the job offer to do training. 

So I passed a stairwell job interview with flying colors and I have absolutely no memory of it.

Imagine the announcer's voice, "Do you hate cleaning?  Do you get nervous before a job interview?  Introducing Ambien, the wonder drug.  Here's one of our satisfied customers..."

It is a messed up world that Ambien is legal but pot is not.  I guess I'm lucky that I'm addicted to the legal drugs.

I found this out on Monday when I asked, "How did you hear about me to ask for me?"  It took all she could not to say, "We talked for 20 minutes you moron."

*****
This gig is continuing to pay dividends.  In addition to the monthly training sessions I've already signed up for today I was asked if I'd do some training for city employees.  I said, "Sure!" while thinking, "Hell, yeah, I want a 60 inch TV..."

No comments:

Post a Comment