Thursday, October 21, 2010

Long road home

 Iowa in late summer

When I arrived in 2008 I took out a $20,000+ loan to keep my house from being foreclosed and buy a car here.  (Being unemployed for six months before coming here was not good.)  I've been making $1100 payments for two years and my final payment is in the next few days.  

That means I am essentially getting a $1100 raise starting next month.  Add to that the money I'm making from the training sessions and, wow, suddenly I'm rich!

Not really, I still have plenty of debts but at least there will be a tad bit more breathing room.

So the prudent thing to do is to not come home in November... but to come home for $1000 and have a flight direct to Chicago?  Ugh.  

In the process of writing this post I've gone back to 50-50.

4 comments:

  1. Nice picture. Where is this road?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's down by Hannen Lake. I wish I had made it there earlier in the summer got the picture...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it has been forever since I went to Hannen Lake!

    ReplyDelete