Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Just a different form of crazy

Today the topic of the so-called ground zero mosque and the guy planning to burn the Koran on 9-11 came up.  I think those completely outraged by the idea of a mosque near ground zero are crazy.  (How many of them were opposed to a strip club that is even closer to the "sacred ground"?)  I think the guy with 30 - THIRTY - parishioners who wanted to burn the Koran on 9-11 is beyond crazy.  And the media that gave that guy attention are crazy as well.

Not even five minutes after the discussion of crazy Americans a student asserted that Starbucks is secretly funneling money to the Israeli intelligence.

I replied, "I think you are as crazy as those opposing the ground zero mosque and the 20% of Americans who think President Obama is a Muslim.  I know I won't convince you but all I want you to think about is this:  Starbucks is a publicly traded company.  The people who own them - the shareholders - have one goal. What it is that?"

"To make a profit" many answer at once.

"So, how would them secretly giving money to the Israeli intelligence help them make a profit?"

I've heard the "Starbucks helps Israel" comment many times.  It's even more pervasive than the Nike controversy.

No comments:

Post a Comment